Call for Papers ITK Doctoral Consortium:
technology-enhanced teaching and learning
art and media education
ITK Doctoral Consortium and FinEd Network provide an opportunity for current doctoral candidates to present their project in a safe, friendly and stimulating environment. The candidates will receive formative feedback from their peers and senior researchers in the field.
The ITK Doctoral Consortium has the following four objectives:
- Provide time and space where doctoral candidates can present their research and meet other candidates;
- Provide feedback on candidates research from other candidates and senior researchers outside their home institution;
- Promote a network of supportive scholars and collaboration over institutional borders;
- Provide a platform for future postdocs to meet with their potential future colleagues.
We invite doctoral candidates whose research is in the fields of learning environments, technology-enhanced teaching and learning, educational technology, and art and media education to apply for this opportunity. We aim to have candidates that are in different stages in their research to build zones of proximal development for all. The participating candidates, however, are expected to have a clear topic and research approach. For instance, the Doctoral Consortium is a good forum to present research on which the candidate is at present writing an article.
A selected number of participating doctoral candidates will be invited to submit a full paper to an academic publication forum (JuFo 1). Your submission and presentation can be in English, Finnish or Swedish.
31.5.2021: Doctoral Consortium submission closes at 23:59.
14.6.2021: Doctoral Consortium participant notifications
1.9.2021: ITK Doctoral Consortium
Preparing and Submitting
- Abstract (max. ~400 words): (a) research description covering the main aspects of your doctoral research; or (b) abstract of an unpublished research paper.
- 1 page with a list of three key readings that have influenced your research with one paragraph (max. ~50 words) description of each.
- Form with information about the university, department, year of study, supervisors and advisors.
Please submit the abstract, key readings, and form here:
Associate Professor, Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture
Research Director, Faculty of Information Technology and Communication, Tampere University
Professor, Faculty of Education, University of Lapland
Tomi Slotte Dufva
University Lecturer, Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture
Professor, Finnish Institute for Educational Research, University of Jyväskylä
Associate Professor, Learning and Educational Technology Research Unit (LET), Faculty of Education, University of Oulu.
Title of docent in media technology, Aalto University School of Science
University researcher, Faculty of Educational Sciences, University of Helsinki
Professor, Aalto University School of Science
Professor, Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture
University Lecturer, School of Applied Educational Science and Teacher Education, University of Eastern Finland
Associate Professor, Faculty of Education, University of Turku
University Lecturer, Faculty of Education, University of Lapland